Toxic plants?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Swansong 11 years, 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

haluca1
    Participant

I got a couple of quite large swan plants from the local centre this morning, however they guy didnt have them out and said they arrived yesterday having been transported in wine barrels? and that he wasnt sure about them being OK, as the leaves at the bottom have fallen off. The rest of the plant seems OK, save for a couple of slightly curled leaf tips? What do you think, will they be OK or should I just leave them>?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Swansong
    Participant

Heh, quite frankly I think theres some “quick thinkers” trying to make a fast buck and it would not surprise me at all if they start advertising “appropriately” to play on peoples misfortunes of being inundated with too many pillars. Watch this space. Of course they’ll milk it for all its worth with the price of them too.

So you got the plants? Hope it all works out.

Cheers
    Swansong

haluca1
    Participant

Thanks for your help swansong. After posting I noticed a medium sized pillar on one plant and he seems OK, so fingers crossed.

My first summer back in NZ 06/07 I planted my own plants and they did very well, I still have a few that I bought with me when we moved a year ago. However a month or so after I planted some for the summer just gone I was unexpectedly away for a few weeks and they all died, and I never got around to planting more, has been very expensive buying them!

Swansong
    Participant

Hi haluca, if youre wanting more plants, it cant hurt as long as the guy gives you a money back guaruntee (make sure you keep any docket) if the plants croak on you or something, even if he sells them to you as a “special” you still have a right to demand money back if “the goods dont fit the description”. I would wash them clean with water as standard practice anywayz, as I wouldnt trust whether they had been sprayed somewhere along the way.

I always grow from my own seeds and never buy any plants. One thing Ive noticed with the seeds, they tend to come up at sundry times all summer long. I’ve had little ones bobbing up here and there right through from spring.
    Cheers
    Swansong

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.