Thread reply order confusing.

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Anna 6 years, 7 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

BlueSkyBee
    Participant

If I open a thread, the OP is at the top, and then the replies below, but instead of the replies being in chronological order so it can be read as an ongoing conversation, it is all backwards with the most recent replies at the top of the page. If I want to read the entire thread/conversation, I have to scroll to the bottom of the page, and read it all backwards. Is this how the forum is set up, or can I change this in my preferences/options somehow?

Thanks

Ang

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Anna
    Participant

It seemed a bit confusing to start with, but wasn’t long till I  worked it out, and got used to the new format. Personally I like the original posted message at the top, and in green…now I have got used to it.

Good on you Jacqui & co for all the hard work behind the scenes to keep the whole thing running smoothly!

Pepetuna
    Participant

Have to say that I agree with Jane, I find it much better having the most recent post on top. Especially with really long threads like Terry’s Yellow Admiral raising one. Just my own personal opinion.

Jane
    Participant

Personally I would prefer the oldest or original post at the bottom. Wouldn’t have to scroll past them then.

BlueSkyBee
    Participant

Oh OK, sometimes thread order is able to be swapped around on forums as a users personal preference.

No worries, I’m sure I’ll get used to it, I think I got a bit lost in Terrys Admiral thread this morning! lol

Errol
    Participant

I found it a little confusing at first, but now I like it the way it is.

Jacqui

It’s how it is set up, Ang. Since the forum began everything was in chronological order with the most recent post at the bottom, or on the last page for long threads. We asked that the order be reversed completely,but I’m wondering if it would be easier to have even the first post at the very bottom.

A couple of the conversations might be a bit confusing because a few days ago I merged two or three threads which were on the same topic, so they will be a bit convoluted.

Good point of yours. What do others think?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.