testing – time zones

Tagged: , ,

• Creator
    Topic

Jacqui

test test test to see what time is recorded when I post this. It’s 10.26 am on 23 March.

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Raymond
    Participant

Sorry I forgot. NZ time is now 7.51 PM or 19.51 hours.

Raymond
    Participant

Our computer and house clocks run on New Zealand time. The Monarch site clock is way out.

Jacqui

Thanks Terry and others for your help.

I am told the site was built based on GMT timezone and this is overridden to NZT where required. Various parts of the site have been built to depend on the GMT timezone so this cannot be changed without identifying and updating all the parts depend on it – eg: notification emails.

Sandfield Associates is looking into which parts of the website need a fix and are going to get back to us with a timeframe and costsing – and then hopefully the work will be approved by the trustees (depending on funding, of course).

Terry
    Participant

What about the problem where my post is showing now when I am logged in but if I log out it is still not showing and its now 10:14 GMT?

Jacqui

Thanks Terry. Your post is showing as having been posted at 8:16 am and yet the time here is 8:16 pm – So it seems the clock is at least one hour out. I will pass this on to Sandfields, thank you

Terry
    Participant

Another test as requested 08:16 GMT

Jacqui

Terry – when you post again in this thread, can you also send me an email, so I will know to go on line and check your post, please?

Jacqui

Jacqui

Raymond – that’s interesting! Is it your clock that is way out or our site? (Don’t know too much about these things – but I note you wrote in your post 4.38pm but the site says you posted at 3.40am.

Terry
    Participant

Same problem again at my end in the UK. Posted as you requested but as soon as I log out post disappears and as soon as I log in it reappears! Surely a post should be seen by all unless all posts are viewed by a moderator first as a rule.
    This post 06:36 GMT

Terry
    Participant

It’s 05:51 GMT Test from UK

Raymond
    Participant

It is 4.38 PM or 16.38 Titirangi New Zealand

Jacqui

Terry

Would be pleased if you could do something else for me, please, as I try to get to the bottom of this.

Can you please post again with the GMT… and hopefully I will see it within a few minutes and be able to compare the GMT with NZ time. At present you are 13 hours behind us… It’s 2.30pm for us and 1.30am for you.

Thanks!

Terry
    Participant

Checked post over 1 hour later still not showing on forum list unless I log in first and then still says sometime ago!

Terry
    Participant

It still says sometime ago for me at 08:53 GMT

Jacqui

At 12:50 pm it’s still says sometime ago

Jacqui

If you are reading this could you please note what time is recorded alongside this topic when you click on this link

https://www.monarch.org.nz/forum/

At present it says “sometime ago”.

Then please post (in this same thread) what it says and the actual time/date you are posting your update. We have our web team working on an issue with the site. Somehow the date/time settings have been changed.

23/3 10.30am “sometime ago”.

Thanks in advance!

Jacqui

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.