Taggers

Tagged: ,

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic

Alison
    Participant

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows how many taggers there are in NZ? Is there any way to find out if there is anyone else tagging living near you?

Thanks

Alison

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Alison
    Participant

Hi Jacqui, I am meeting Alison Forster tomorrow afternoon – we could tackle the letter to the editor then. We have quite a few local papers we could target. I think it’s a great idea and should result in some more sightings/recoveries being logged into the website. Would be good if I could get hold of Nic as well – maybe we could get a small group of us going here.
    Alison

Jacqui

I’ll start a separate post to set up the focus group to work on new initiatives. All very exciting!

Alison – I hope that one of you has sent that letter to the Editor of hyour local newspaper – it is paying dividends in the Auckland city where they published a piece about tagging. We can provide high res photographs if the editor or a journalist gets in touch with you.

The letter was published on the forum (I think) as well as in an email update I sent out.

J.

Charlotte
    Participant

Oh Darren you are amazing. Where have you been?? LOL

Cheers
    Char

Darren
    Participant

sounds very do-able Jacqui. GPSvisulizer could very easily do a map with big coloured circles, the bigger the circle, the more taggers in the area. Or did you want nicknames on the map as well? That could look a bit “busy” with 164. Maybe regional maps for those?

Alison
    Participant

Thanks for that Jacqui.
    It’s interesting to see the numbers involved and I think a map would be a great idea. It would be comforting to know if there were other taggers nearby keeping an eye out for ones butterflies!

Jacqui

Hi Alison,

There are 164. Some of these may be groups, e.g. a class of school children. But there are just now 164 registered and have received tags this year. Some people have tagged other years and not this year.

People are still signing up and asking for tags… the “summer” continues.

Jacqui.

We have that information (of who is where) but it’s in the “guts” of the machine as it were… let me think of ways we could extract who/where without breaking any privacy laws.

On my wish list is to have a map, showing the general location of taggers. That would be awesome.

Jacqui

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.