Swansong Photo in Canon Competition

Tagged: 

This topic contains 21 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 10 years, 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Swansong
    Participant

Perhaps you guys’d like to go check out my entry and go into bat for another photo for Monarch Trust NZ?. Ive renamed it a little more appropriately as "Ruler Monarchs" instead of "pillars rule" which it’s called on the site here.

Cheers

Swansong

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Anonymous

We have BB but had to get a plan that accodated 100 GB as there are 5 computers in this house.
    My wife is a gamer as is my daughter and at times we have topped the 100. BB is a racket as we recently moved and the BB here is at times slower than a dail up but what can ya do?

Swansong
    Participant

Indeed Clair notwithstanding that theyre only taking orders from higher up, and since our sovereignty is sold sown the gurgler anywayz, the powers that be crack the whip, and lil ol NZ jumps.

Clair
    Participant

Yes Swansong – I blame the government!

Swansong
    Participant

Exactly, and all the more reason why Canon should do something so that people can at least browse to catagories or subgroups without having to jump through endless hoops along side all the other clutter. Im sure theyve got the brains to make it happen intellegently enough. You know,like all that revolving eye candy stuff at the bottom for ex….or perhaps they think we’re all on the equivalent to Oz or American BB.

Ive heard some pretty shocking stories of how some people in NZ are experiencing very slow speeds on BB and have done for years. In some cases with some of the latest “innovations” their speeds are slower than dialup. Its a racket.

VickySteele
    Participant

Its not really a rocket on broadband either Swansong. There’s a LOT of pictures in there.

Swansong
    Participant

Thanks Vicky :).

Hey is anyone else on dialup here having these same experiences as me, in particular at Canon? Margie if youre looking on, are you having to wait and wait till stuff loads?

Clair
    Participant

I’ve voted too – was a bit puzzled last night by the half-sized pic – glad to see it’s sorted!

VickySteele
    Participant

You’re not on your own Swansong. Margie has the same problem in Rangitata. I know it drives her nuts. Anyway, glad your pic is back. I’ve voted too. We got to the bottom of it 🙂

Swansong
    Participant

Not that rural where we are out of the way! In fact its EXACTLY as you say Patz. Makes no sense AT ALL. Theres folks waaaay out further than us and they get BB. As the Crow flies we’re about 14 or 15 miles from PN. About 6 to Feilding. Go figure????????? Grrrrrrr.

Anonymous

Are you quite rural, Swansong?
    Palmy itself has good BB coverage and you’re not too far away.
    Makes no sense to me sometimes – BB and Cell coverage.
    Good luck with it, eventually.
    Cute photo.
    Best
    Trisha

Swansong
    Participant

Oh you 2 have pipped me at the post. Thanks Jacqui for headsup or should I say bottoms up :))))) (soOOOoorry couldnt resist). Thanks also for the votes Trish and Jacqui!

Recently we rang telecom about BB options for us and it seems to be that we are in a very small minority group of people where BB wont be offered to us becasue of where we are located and it would cost telecom too much to do it for this small minority. I actually have my suspicions on how small this minority might be. There are other options but they are so astronomically expensive its not an option. You’de need to be a business. Its a real pain thats for sure and at the mo we just cant do anything about it. Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Swansong
    Participant

Well Im back. That escapade took 14 minutes!!! and I didnt even see all the Monarch photos, only 2.

Anyway they got to the Bottom of the matter and its fixed :).

Jacqui

Looking good, Swansong. I’ve voted.

Anonymous

It’s all good Swangsong – two caterpillars in their entirety now.
    I have voted.
    Can you not get broadband where you are?

Best
    Trisha

Swansong
    Participant

OK, if I click on that link, and I will (moan moan moan), Im in for AT LEAST a 10 minute wait from the time I leave here until I get to see all the details about the photo.

“I like your caterpillar’s bottom Swansong :)”

Yeah I know…except its a bummer :).

“Should be fixed tomorrow (I’ve uploaded it again).”
    Thanks Jacqui.

Right, heres goes……

Jacqui

VickySteele
    Participant

I like your caterpillar’s bottom Swansong 🙂

Its a neat pic, but a shame that Canon have stuffed it up. I sent them an email reporting that one of the photos wasn’t showing correctly. I hope they follow it up!

Swansong
    Participant

Its the 1st time Ive gone to look at it, coz it takes soooooooo long for Canons website to load its bordering on the ridiculous. That’d be dialup. Thats one reason I asked Jacqui to do it for me.

“you can only see your caterpillar’s bottom!”

Heh, it never was meant to be “elegantly beautiful” like the other photos and this doesn’t do it any favours…oh well :).

VickySteele
    Participant

I just looked Swansong – yes, something is up with it. I’m sure it wasn’t like that when I voted for it last night. Can you write to them and ask what has happened?

I have 2 pics up there as well:
    http://www1.canon.co.nz/creativeforacause/Photo/Gallery.aspx?photo=E86D6001FD607DDB
    http://www1.canon.co.nz/creativeforacause/Photo/Gallery.aspx?photo=83E51736B213BE8D

Hope they can sort it out – you can only see your caterpillar’s bottom!

Swansong
    Participant

Thanks Gill,

Hey is it just my poots or is my pik 1/2 greyed out to you guys as well?

Gilly
    Participant

I’ve voted!

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.