Swan Plants available in Wellington?

• Creator
    Topic

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, Does anyone know of any plants available in the central city Wellington area?

Thanks

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Caryl
    Participant

Thanks for posting regarding swan plants at a great price at Bunnings. They were all sold but ordered 30, they got them in for me and I bought 33 of them!

Diane
    Participant

Hi about 25-30cm.
    I have over 30 Aclepias tuberosa Apocynaceae in my green house (grown from a seed pod at the Botanic Gardens!) If you are interested. I thought they might like to get some plants back for their children’s new garden area next year.

I have also been trying to rest my plants between caterpillars to give them chance to regrow.

I have a contract with Kapiti Coast District Council to involve schools in the Sustainable Home and Garden show held at Kapiti School, this will be my second year and there will be 15 gardens on display from local ECE’s, schools and colleges all with butterflies and bees as part of their theme. The show is on the 22nd-23rd March 2014. If you are in the area pop by to have a look. They will hopefully have lots of ideas to share with the public as well as enthusiasm.

Caryl
    Participant

Most of the Wellington nurseries have swan plants at various prices. Diane how large were the swan plants at Bunnings Porirua? Thanks for your time. Caryl

Diane
    Participant

Bunnings at Porirua were selling them for $1.44 each, you would need to keep them free from caterpillars for 10 days as I had a problem with possible spray drift on the ones I purchased the first time.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.