Surplus caterpillars in Christchurch

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  bonnie 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Arthur
    Participant

Too many caterpillars in Ilam. Txt/call 0274 933535

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

bonnie
    Participant

The hardware shop on the corner in new brighton has some good size swan plants for $5 each.Also the plant stall at riccarton on sundays has smaller but really healthy swan plants–4 for $5.

Jacqui

We have been running a series of Tips on our Facebook page

MBNZT on FB

I summarised them all here:

Tips for Busy Monarch Lovers

To be honest I think it’s going to be hard work finding much swan plant/milkweed in garden centres for the remainder of this season and I urge you all to conserve as much food as what you have – and also to increase your supplies where you can.

I’m about to post another tip in Facebook and this one will say NOT to pull out any little swan plants growing in lawns or places where you don’t want them. They may well satisfy a caterpillar for half a day and you’ll be grateful of them all.

We have some nice plants for sale (Blockhouse Bay, Auckland). If you’re not in Auckland, you could perhaps band together with some other locals in the same predicament and phone someone like The Plant Place, Hamilton, to see if they might ship you some established plants down.

Good luck everyone!

Jacqui

Hello Arthur

You might also want to post on our FB page if you’re a member. Please use a VISITOR POST if you do.

Cheers

Jacqui

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.