SPRING IS SPRUNG CONTEST

• Creator
    Topic

Jacqui

To celebrate the butterfly season we are giving away this beautiful hamper worth over $125. It would make a great gift for your favourite butterfly-lover. To be in to win all you need to do is Comment below by telling us your favourite butterfly nectar source.

The Glorious HamperThe Glorious Hamper, thanks Fiskars and Yates

If you use social media, feel free to share THIS LINK with family, friends, whanau – easiest way is to post on your own FB page or Instagram!

The winner will be drawn on 25 November. Sorry, we will be unable to deliver the hamper to an overseas address, NZ only. We are very grateful to Fiskars and Yates NZ for their generous donations.

PS Make sure to like our social media pages to be kept up-to-date – or sign up for our FREE e-news.

FacebookInstagramPinterestTwitter

Terms and Conditions – This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook or any other social media.

Seeds, thanks Yates NZSeeds thanks Yates NZ

FertilisersFertilisers, thanks Yates

Toolsgarden tools, thanks Fiskars

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Fusionbabe
    Participant

We have grevillea and bottle brush
    Planted for the white eyes and the monarchs have been visiting as well,alyssum and lobelia which self seeds each year.

Ruthie
    Participant

It changes throughout the butterfly season – right now forget-me-nots are surprisingly popular in my garden, later roses, buddleia, love-in-the-mist, dahlias, cosmos and echinacea.

Bundy
    Participant

I plant a lot of flowers for the bees and butterflies; but I love my Lavender and snapdragons

Littles
    Participant

I love having swan plants around my garden. I plant some new ones every year. My mother believes that our family members who have past come back as monarch butterflies so I just love being able to sit in my garden and watch them flying around.

Spanner
    Participant

As well as good ol’ Swan Pkant – I like the look of that Tweedia which was on the TM site this morning.

Fruitbat
    Participant

I have Lavender, marigolds and sage flowers the bees love that and looks like I might get carrots flowering so as I completely forgot about them.

Timewizard
    Participant

Dahlias not Dallas! Blimmen autocorrect

Timewizard
    Participant

Last year the butterflies loved my single Dallas!

Awhina
    Participant

Dahlias are mine – every summer my dahlias get covered in butterflys , bringing me so much joy

Mrsorourke
    Participant

I love swan plant in the garden and I have borage, but this year, I want to add black-eyed susan.

Tracey Richard
    Participant

My Rosemary always have lots of little blue butterflies and bees on it.

LouiseC
    Participant

Bees & Butterflies love Borage. It self seeds, so very easy to keep going each year.

nzjewels
    Participant

Single Dahlias and Cosmos have been a favourite nectar source for the Monarchs in our garden. This year we also have blue cornflowers and carrots so it will be interesting to see what happens based on the comments above.

Barry
    Participant

BUDDLEIA – the Davidii is early spring flowering, and perfect for monarchs coming out of ‘wintering over’. I have two other Buddleias sp for later in the season to April. The Admirals love the late flowerings.
    The “”problem”” I have with BUDDLEIA is that Birds like the soft seeds & insects, the Bumble Bees get drunk on the nectar and of course with the early variety, honey bees get an early start.
    Barry P. in Christchurch.

Chrissie Ward
    Participant

Red valerian is always the most popular, although it is a bit of a nuisance as it self-seeds everywhere! It’s very tough, so useful for scrubby areas where nothing else much will grow.

Kathleen24
    Participant

Dahlias and daisies. We have heaps of these around our garden. The monarchs tend to prefer the pink and yellow dahlias to the other colours, and the varieties with lots of florets. I do love it when my swan plants flowers get to the nectaring stage, but so often they get eaten by the caterpillars before that, so I don’t see it as often as I’d like.
    I’ve just bought some new nectar plants, including a beautiful purple salvia (can’t remember the details or the names of the others without going outside to check), with monarchs in mind, which I’m planting out this afternoon. So I’ll have to see how those go with attracting and feeding the butterflies!

tarawott
    Participant

The kids love growing sunflowers! Lavender is also a hit with the butterflies!

AngieGies
    Participant

I have Lavender and other flowers to attract Monarch butterflies as my neighbour has many Swan plants

CeeJay
    Participant

My favourites are snapdragons, a mix of different colours. They remind me of when I was a child. We had a big garden and in one corner, my mother always sowed many snapdragons and the butterflies loved it! Now, I’m planning to do the same! I love sunflowers and echium, too.

Mik
    Participant

Cosmos , marigolds and zinnias are probably the top three,I also have the sterile buddleia and joe pye weed which are pretty popular too.

Sweetbelle
    Participant

My favourite is Sunflower as we can eat them, my chickens can eat them and I can save the seed for the next year. I always look for purple flowers and enjoy lavender and rosemary in the gardens.

gracey
    Participant

My favorite butterfly nectar is swan plant. It’s great to see seedlings popping up everywhere at our place. Plus I have lots of herb plants which are always full of bees and butterflies.

Wendy42
    Participant

Lavender and cosmos and blue cornflowers in our garden seem to be a hot favourite for the butterflies

DesignByKaren
    Participant

Sunflowers and Cosmos 💜🌻

brennys
    Participant

My favourite butterfly nector source is echium, I have some large echium plants in my garden and sunflowers

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘SPRING IS SPRUNG CONTEST’ is closed to new replies.