SPRING IS SPRUNG CONTEST

• Creator
    Topic

Jacqui

To celebrate the butterfly season we are giving away this beautiful hamper worth over $125. It would make a great gift for your favourite butterfly-lover. To be in to win all you need to do is Comment below by telling us your favourite butterfly nectar source.

The Glorious HamperThe Glorious Hamper, thanks Fiskars and Yates

If you use social media, feel free to share THIS LINK with family, friends, whanau – easiest way is to post on your own FB page or Instagram!

The winner will be drawn on 25 November. Sorry, we will be unable to deliver the hamper to an overseas address, NZ only. We are very grateful to Fiskars and Yates NZ for their generous donations.

PS Make sure to like our social media pages to be kept up-to-date – or sign up for our FREE e-news.

FacebookInstagramPinterestTwitter

Terms and Conditions – This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook or any other social media.

Seeds, thanks Yates NZSeeds thanks Yates NZ

FertilisersFertilisers, thanks Yates

Toolsgarden tools, thanks Fiskars

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    Replies

LeslieD
    Participant

hoheria angustifolia a flowering tree that is just beautiful and attracts dozens of butterflies.

Swanplant flowers are favorites too.

ashgwager
    Participant

Lavender 😍

wright19871
    Participant

I love Sunflowers but our butterflies seem to prefer the cosmos in our garden.

pioupiounz
    Participant

Love in a Mist! (nigella)

LeonieO
    Participant

Zinnea and echinacea

annikolff
    Participant

We have planted numerous Hebes at our place and because we have so many varieties there is at least one hebe flowering at any time of the year.We do have many other flowers in the garden such as marigolds, borage, rosemary, thyme, and marjoram,and many other flowers at various times however hebes are the consistent one flowering throughout the year. The butterflies just love it.

Anni Kolff

sukiyo
    Participant

They seems to attract to Buddleia, coreopsis and tropical milk weed in our butterfly garden.

tabbycat
    Participant

The Monarch’s love my dahlias but I try to plant as many colourful flowering plants that I find among the swan plants. Everlasting flowers are great.

aolesen
    Participant

Dahlias for sure!! Not only do the monarchs love them, they are also my favourite!! Have got just over 100 in my garden. Cant wait till they flower.

katie
    Participant

My kids and I have planted 30 roses and 7 lavender plants and we have noticed the butterflies and bees are visiting! We are in a fairly new subdivision so our focus is on planting to attract insects and would love this prize!

stephhello
    Participant

Lavender and swan plant

stephhello
    Participant

Sunflowers and lavender

Jackie C
    Participant

Buddleia.

kellyblackie
    Participant

I love verbenas! So great to add height and colour to the garden and an awesome source of nectar

shez
    Participant

Zinnia. I have a garden full. I have a large wild garden perfect to add lots of butterfly plants into.

turfychipmunk
    Participant

Budlier (butterfly bush)

Georgia
    Participant

My favourite is definitely hebe! We have a massive hebe bush that monarchs LOVE. I also have a purple tansy that I keep near the milkweed, if a butterfly has to stay a couple of days before leaving then it’s a nice, close nectar source.

Madonna Harris
    Participant

My absolute favourite is all the pasture & uncut lawn flowers that appear when we dont skin the grass down to ground level. What’s with all this mowing anyway ? Long grass in our landscape & garden design can look fantastic. Allowing so many tiny, beautiful grass variety flowers creates abundant feeding for all out small native butterflies. Under trees it protects the roots & helps keep the soil cool. Walk through the longer grass & you’ll be amazed by the variety of butterflies that will lift ahead of you. Not cutting lawns means less emisions & more time to enjoy the butterflies. Win/win.

daisy
    Participant

A lovely old friend told me to grow milkweed for the butterflys and I have borage lilacs lavander and sunflowers

sarahwalk
    Participant

I have some gorgeous brightly coloured Sweet William and flowering thyme that the bees and butterflies just love! This is a great site, it looks like you do some amazing work! I look forward to learning more!

Briar
    Participant

Our Bottlebrush tree has literally 100’s of monarchs in it every year – it’s a pretty magical site watching them flit around as we sit under the shade.

Awhina
    Participant

commenting again so I can click the unfollow option , as Its not letting me unsubscribe from everyones replys

angejb
    Participant

I love to have lavender and cosmos in the garden for the butterflies

monkey
    Participant

Monarchs seem to love my bottlebrush bush, also my orange tree blossoms

m.hooker
    Participant

buddleias,budleias and buddleias

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘SPRING IS SPRUNG CONTEST’ is closed to new replies.