SPRING IS SPRUNG CONTEST

• Creator
    Topic

Jacqui

To celebrate the butterfly season we are giving away this beautiful hamper worth over $125. It would make a great gift for your favourite butterfly-lover. To be in to win all you need to do is Comment below by telling us your favourite butterfly nectar source.

The Glorious HamperThe Glorious Hamper, thanks Fiskars and Yates

If you use social media, feel free to share THIS LINK with family, friends, whanau – easiest way is to post on your own FB page or Instagram!

The winner will be drawn on 25 November. Sorry, we will be unable to deliver the hamper to an overseas address, NZ only. We are very grateful to Fiskars and Yates NZ for their generous donations.

PS Make sure to like our social media pages to be kept up-to-date – or sign up for our FREE e-news.

FacebookInstagramPinterestTwitter

Terms and Conditions – This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook or any other social media.

Seeds, thanks Yates NZSeeds thanks Yates NZ

FertilisersFertilisers, thanks Yates

Toolsgarden tools, thanks Fiskars

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    Replies

m.hooker
    Participant

I think buddleias are great.

42mand
    Participant

My Favorite Monarch nectar flowers are Zinnia,swan plant ,cosmos dahlias,larkspur and poppies.

bevwarner
    Participant

lavendar

Terre
    Participant

I love watching monarchs pollinating my citrus blossoms

Jeana
    Participant

Swanplant flowers

nzjewels
    Participant

commenting again so I can click the unfollow option , as Its not letting me unsubscribe from everyones replies

katie
    Participant

Lavender

heronius
    Participant

Butterflies just love our zinnias. They have such a long flowering season too so are a great (and beautiful) choice.

pauline251
    Participant

Love seeing the monarch butterflies on my swan plants but also the lavenders, borage, dahlias and sunflowers.

clairej
    Participant

Blue Plumbago and Buddleia

Gillian
    Participant

Cosmos and buddleia

Chris G
    Participant

My tagged butterflies were reported sightings twice last year, both times on blue salvia! In my garden in the spring, besides the swan plants, the perennial wallflowers and scabiosa have been popular nectar feeding sources. Also Lavatera now that it too is in flower. Lavender Grosso attracts butterflies and bees throughout the summer and late summer into autumn, beautiful golden yellow Helianthus are a magnet for the butterflies as are the Mexican Marigold too of course, grown from cuttings from Monarch Butterfly Trust!! For the winter I have invested in a bush “Edgeworthia papyrifera (syn: chrysantha)which has beautiful yellow, daphne like flowers to feed the butterflies when they emerge on sunny winter days. A friend who is also a butterfly lover told me Cleome are very good too . . . must try them!

Rmcm
    Participant

Nigella, borage, cosmos !

Lex000
    Participant

Lavender!

Vivos
    Participant

Lavender, Hebes, Stock flowers, Verbena, and I am hoping to plant a buddleia.
    A great prize for someone to win. Cheers

julesm
    Participant

Cosmos, currently reclaiming kids play area into widflorwer garden. The bees, bumblebees and moths are back, hoping for butterflies next.

LoriMackie
    Participant

I have so many “favourites”, but I think overall it has to be the swan plant, just because I can watch all stages of our beautiful butterfly from it’s laying of the eggs, to the Caterpillar stage, through to its emergence as the beautiful Monarch butterfly. Through the past 4 years I have been able to show these transformations to my granddaughter who was in awe watching her first butterfly emerge from its chrysalis. I love watching them fly around the flowers on a bright sunny day

Cj1424
    Participant

I only really noticed the butterflies hanging around our swan plants (although it’s like a swan forrest really as we have so many and are really big). I will have to keep my eyes open as to what other plants they like in our garden. This would be amazing to win. My daughter and mother have a real connection in the garden and this would pull in another treasured generational memory for us having more butterflies around

piptait
    Participant

A beautiful Gravillia or bottle brush tree, cineraria, also some hebe bushes.

alanjacqui
    Participant

I had lots of butterflies on my Dahlias last year. Tt was the first year I had some in bloom. They also loved my Buddleia, the Lavender and of course the home sown Swan plants. This year I am developing a “meadow garden” made from the Butterfly and Bee pasture ranges into the lawn areas, saving on mowing and giving the Butterflies and Bees LOTS of choice!

WendyMcLintock
    Participant

Buddlia we have Admirals and Monarchs all over them when flowering

Shakaya
    Participant

Butterfly Bush (Buddleja), Lavender and Swan plants.

CeeBee101
    Participant

Lavendar and Swan plants

jazzak45
    Participant

In my happy garden, they really enjoy my banana flowers and my lions paw

LeslieD
    Participant

hoheria angustifolia a flowering tree

swanplant flowers

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘SPRING IS SPRUNG CONTEST’ is closed to new replies.