Running out of food Palmerston North

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jacqui 1 year, 6 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

cheekypixie
    Participant

With the crazy hot weather I now have 3 very hungry caterpillars and just about a bare plant… wondering if anyone has some plants to keep these guys going as I still have more eggs to hatch yet on the few leaves left on my plant 😀

Thanks

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Jacqui

$30 for a generous twenty, plus $10 P&P. Please contact me privately, jacqui@monarch.org.nz, if you’re interested. This is for anyone.

LeslieD
    Participant

how much to get some to Welly Jacqui? I’m trying to get the last of the ‘swarm’ through to pupating and everything is chewed out so they are slow to get big and fat enough to give them pumpkin. My new plants from the garden centre are a bit risky yet.

I’ve got at least 70 chrsalids out there and the first is going to emerge today!

Jacqui

Hi Cheeky Pixie – I have swan plants for sale. Result of an experiment which has worked very well except that they’ve got too big for me and they need to be used this week or next and I only have eggs and 1st instar caterpillars.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1531759121

So if you’re interested you could have them at your place on Thursday. No worries if these don’t appeal to you.

Cheers

Jacqui

Caryl
    Participant

Hello cheekpixie, Cute name! Hope someone can take your 3 cats and/or you can buy some plants. If you can’t access more plants then I suggest you cull the eggs rather than have them hatch and starve. There are usually some available on trade me (there are some listed in Manawatu). Caryl (Wellington)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.