photographs

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Gilly 11 years, 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

margie
    Participant

Hi

I have posted 2 sets of photographs in the photo section of butterflies in my garden, If anyone can help me identify the pink plant that the butterflies are on I would much appreciate it

Cheers Margie

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Gilly
    Participant

I think it is Sedum Margie and yes, it is a Common Copper. Likes blackberry flowers. Caterpillars eat pohuehue leaves (Muehlenbeckia species).

margie
    Participant

Thanks wings1 I don’t know much about them but if I get nettle will they breed or is it to late in the season they are beautiful butterflies. I think the other set of photos are of coppers do you know what they eat? I have nettle around the back of the garage but not much. My friend at the farm has heaps of it growing can you transplant it if I dug some up from her farm and brought it home would it be okay. Do they lay thier eggs on the nettle and are their pillars the black fluffy ones I see wondering around the path. Oh so many questions:)sorry.
    The plant is a type of succulant with wide leaves will take a close up and post it tomorrow.
    Cheers Margie

Hi, not sure what the flower is, can you take a pic of the plant part?
    Also the yellow butterflies are yellow admirals, you need nettle!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.