Outdoors or Indoors?

Tagged: ,

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic

Anonymous
    Inactive

i have a number of caterpillars and chryslli at different stages. been cleaning them out this a.m. and have put them outside instead of the spare room where they have been until now. I don’t know if this will affect them and was wondering if i am making them vulnerable in any way by leaving them out now? temperature fluctuation, for example?? I am also aware that the constant carrying n and attention might disturb them also, so dont really want to be carting them about too much! whats the bestto do?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Jacqui

Remember there are dramatic temperature fluctuations in the wild too, SHadowbaby, so you’re really replicating Nature. Mine are in a greenhouse from egg to chrysalis, even to butterfly. I have a better success rate when I bring the chrysalises or pupae in to my front room and put them in a warm window, but only do it when I have the time.

If you do need to shift them, it’s best to shift them by the container, or failing this, on a leaf or branch of plant – not just the individual caterpillars.

Cheers

Jacqui

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.