Need milkweed in auckland

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  jillian 4 years, 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

rebeccamcg
    Participant

Due to the fruitfly problem in grey lynn, my garden was sprayed today when i was at work. There is an apple tree next to my swan plant and I think alot of my caterpillars are dying now. Some seem ok and may survive and I need clean food for them. Can any one help? Thanks 🙂

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies

jillian
    Participant

Hi Debbie

I have plenty
    Call me 476 1561 to arrange a time to collect them

Jillian

Debbie
    Participant

Hi Jillian

I’m in Torbay and have many large caterpillars about to find out what it’s like to be hungry. Tried four garden stores yesterday and they had zero to stripped stalks. Do you have any swan plants left available?

Debbie

jillian
    Participant

Hi Rebecca

I have lots of swan plants that you are welcome to but you would need to collect them.
    I’m in Browns Bay which may be too far for you. I could take some to Milford School where I work which would be closer for you. Would this be of help? I’ll take some in tomorrow just in case. Ask at the office for Room 12.

Jillian

rebeccamcg
    Participant

Thanks 🙂 I’ll know more in the morning but some of them were head twitching which i know is a bad sign. I’ve heard pumpkin can be a good milkweed substitute?

Jacqui

Oh Rebecca, that’s sad! They should have warned you that that was about to happen.

I do know that the garden centres are running low on swan plant. Hope you can find some.

Jacqui

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.