Milkweed, cuttings in water,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jacqui 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

poplarpark
    Participant

Hi – Im back with a different topic this time.
    How long can I keep milkweed cuttings in water without them losing potency to keep caterpillars alive.. Is there a fertiliser or similar I could add to the water to give the cuttings a boost or is it best just to keep fresh water in the bottles/jars. I did hammer the lower stems which keeps them alive for a long time. (some already have their hairy root system starting)

I was also given two large plants about 4 foot high..my friend just dug them up and brought to me to feed hungry pillars.. I have them in a bin of water, but again wondered if I could add a liquid fertiliser or similar to give them a boost without harming the feed for the few caterpillars still on the plants. I will cut them back and plant them once they’re finished with. I just wonder what hydroponic growers feed through their water system and if it would be suitable for swan plants..

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Jacqui

Hi PoplarPark

Don’t know about adding anything to the water to prolong the life of the swan plant. It would be interesting to know about hydroponic systems.

Cheers

Jacqui

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.