Help for caterpillar- urgent!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years, 8 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Anonymous

Hi there,

I have a monarch caterpillar that is the only one that has made it to the stage where it is about to pupate. It was hanging in a J shape this morning and now it has straightened! It is on a swan plant that is about 1m from my front door and I recently sprayed inside for flies. Could I have poisoned it?! I forgot to shut the front door. If so, is there anything I can do to help?

Thanks a lot

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Anonymous

Ok thanks for your advice 🙂

Caryl
    Participant

I bring most of mine in but it depends where the chrysalis is. If it’s on a small swan plant other caterpillars may cause it to fall and often that is fatal. If it’s in a safe place and you have no predators leave it where it is.

Anonymous

False alarm- he is in his chrysalis today 🙂 is it better to bring them inside to protect them at this stage or leave them as they are?

Cheers
    Hayley

Jacqui

Hi Circus, there’s not much you can do at this point… it’s a waiting game. However, they do relax and straighten out to some extent just before they pupate so here’s hoping it’s that and not the flyspray.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.