Creating a new topic

• Creator
    Topic

Hi everyone,

We have found a bug with the bbPress forum in that users that have a “Researcher” role cannot easily post a new topic. At the moment they seeĀ a message under the list of forum topics saying “Sorry you cannot post new topics right now”.

If this happens to you, don’t worry you can still create new topics! Just scroll down to the bottom of https://www.monarch.org.nz/forum and choose the forum you want to post in. Once you are in the forum, scroll to the bottom and see that there is a new topic form for you to fill out.

I know this is not ideal but we are waiting for bbPress to announce a fix in their next release. Will keep you all updated as new developments roll in.

Thanks all for your patience! Please email @monarch.org.nz">info@monarch.org.nz if you have any questions.

Ana

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Pepetuna
    Participant

Anna was trying to start a new topic about nettle seedlings, but was finding it hard. There is now a button on the Forum home page, top right. If anyone can’t see this button, please tell us. We want to make this easy!

Just a suggestion while we’re talking about creating a new topic – if you have a question you want answered use the Search box at the top of the right side bar first, to make sure there isn’t already an answer on the forum. You can add to the thread and it will still come up on the top of the list of current discussion, and it will help everyone if we can see what has already been said on the subject.

Hi, I have now added a “New Topic” button to the forum home page. Let me know if there are any issues with this.

Thanks.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.