Course

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jacqui 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

MelissaRose
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m new to this butterfly gardening fun and I’m very keen to learn as much as I can. I just did the online butterfly garden course. I would be interested in more information about stage 3 of the monarch life cycle. What are the specific processes of developing a pupa and then how does it turn into a butterfly? Is there something I can read about that prcess?

Thanks, Melissa Rose

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Jacqui

Hello Melissa

We have an excellent poster which documents the whole metamorphosis process.

Metamorphosis poster

What specific questions did you have?

rob cooper
    Participant

ok one is a big fat cattapiller 2 they stop eating for a day go look for a place to do its pupa 3 they make themselves small smaller than they where 4 they then start weaving a small mat to hang upside down at this stage just leave them alone 5 they hang themselves upside down for about 1 to 2 days 6 then your pupa 7 im about 12 to 14 days to hatch when they hatch just leave them for about 4hrs to sort there wings hope that helps any questions just ask cheers rob

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.