Caterpillar food needed in Te Awamutu

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic

merylreardon
    Participant

Hi, does anyone near Te Awamutu have any swan plants that can take some caterpillars? My mum has hundreds of caterpillars and very little food left.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies

merylreardon
    Participant

Thanks Kate for taking the caterpillars, glad to see them go to a good home. I’m amazed at how many caterpillars/monarchs mum gets, the plants seem to thrive at her place but they’re certainly early this year.

Pepetuna
    Participant

I have been over to Te Awamutu and collected most of the caterpillars that have ravaged Meryl’s mother’s plants. They were huge trees of plants, (taller than me anyway 🙂 and had been stripped by what seemed like hundreds of hungry caterpillars. There were quite a few chrysalises already, and the fatties I left should pupate today or tomorrow. Meryl’s mum has done a great job of raising them, and they don’t seem to have been bothered by predators.

merylreardon
    Participant

Thanks for your suggestion Jacqui, but they would be gone in minutes. I’ve never seen plants that are taller than I am so covered in caterpillars and now down to just stalks. I have contacted Kate and will try and get some caterpillars to her – just waiting for her to return my call.

Regards, Meryl

Jacqui

Hello Meryl

I am sending to people 9 plants about 20cm tall (approx. 20 leaves per plant), next day delivery, for $27. If you’re interested please email me @madambutterfly.co.nz">jacqui@madambutterfly.co.nz.

Cheers

Jacqui

Pepetuna
    Participant

Hi Meryl
    If no-one else answers I can come that far … but would prefer someone closer to help if possible! My mobile number is 0274298001 and you can txt, or leave msg on landline (07) 8298777.
    Kate

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.