Butterfly House design

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Melody 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Melody
    Participant

Building a butterfly house almost as big as a gazebo. Does anyone have a design or has built a large castle?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Melody
    Participant

We will put potted plants inside, have about 40 so far. Will have possibly twice as many plants outside it so they can grow new leaves and have new eggs laid on them. Also planning nectar flowers near the green house. Likely to get out of control…
    Wendy, email me if you want, melodyearthsong@gmail.com

Wendy42
    Participant

Are you going to use it for just the plants or are you going to do it as a butterfly habitat?
    I’m tossing up what to do myself…

Melody
    Participant

Thanks for your suggestions. Found a new one on trade me for $119. Will replace the plastic cover with “bug net” product from Kings.

Jacqui

This is my one here. I bought it second-hand and it’s fantastic, but you can get new kitsets from Redpath NZ – the first photo that shows up at the link below is two bays, so mine is half that size.

https://www.redpath.co.nz/domestic-greenhouses-home-products-original/tunnel-greenhouses.html

LeslieD
    Participant

We had the frame from a hothouse we got off trademe. We covered it with netting. Pretty simple. There are various sizes on TM, all good value,they come with a plastic outer, we still have the plastic and it will do as a boot liner or somesuch. Weight the bottom, when we got ours and set it up as a green house with plastic cover the Welly wind had it over in less than a day :).

Its extremely useful for keeping plants under cover and caterpillers away from predators. At the moment its got a whole lot of plants in it for next year.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.