Anyone got Buddleia auriculata?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Stefan Olson 11 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Stefan Olson
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I’ve been contacted by another member in Warkworth who is looking for Buddleia auriculata. Both he and I have been looking for this for a while but haven’t found any – I’ve only got the slightly later flowering Buddleia salviifolia. I’m in the Torbay, North Shore area.

Does anyone have any Buddleia auriculata that we could get some cuttings of please?

Thanks,
    Stefan

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Stefan Olson
    Participant

Thanks everyone for the responses! I will update the member in Warkworth.

Susan, if you do manage to get seeds then I would certainly be interested in getting some if possible.

Thanks,
    Stefan

Jacqui

Spoke with my “buddleia advisor” (in Christchurch) and she confirms what you are all saying – that B. auriculata was being sold wrongly named on TradeMe, and also that she hasn’t been able to source one yet.

🙁

susan
    Participant

Hi Stefan,

I bought some ‘Buddleia auriculata’ off Trademe from Spikey a couple of years ago. Turned out to be the salvifolia that is flowering so abundantly right now, so there is some confusion between the two.The butterflies love it. I would love to have the auriculata as well, which when you read about it has shiny leaves and flowers over Winter and into Spring. I don’t know if it is in NZ, but when you check the MPI list of seeds allowed to be imported into NZ, it is there. I asked some of my South African seed contacts and they are going to look out for it. If I could get seeds I certainly would grow it:)

Susan (Hibiscus Coast)

Stefan Olson
    Participant

Dane Keriboi Hawker
    Participant

is it in new zealand? havent seen it anywhere

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.