Annoying ant eggs on my swan plants

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jacqui 1 week, 3 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic

karere
    Participant

Can someone please tell me how to get rid of ant eggs on my swan plants they are everywhere on the plants please help. Thank you

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Jacqui

Hi Karere – have you looked at that reference I gave you? To make it easier, I’ll put a link to it here – please compare the photo(s) of aphids with your “ants eggs”.

Ants make eggs underground and there will be plenty of ants – not just one or two – scurrying around. When you have aphids (if you read the info.) you’ll find you also have ants coming and going as they use the aphids as cows, milking them, and taking the secretion back to the ants’ nest.

Ants eggs (centre and slightly left)

I’m not far from you, Blockhouse Bay, so if you want to come and see what I do, you’re very welcome. Email me, please, jacqui@monarch.org.nz

karere
    Participant

Thank you now I’m trying to work out how to add pics to this forum … I live in new lynn Auckland. Thanks fir the replies everyone …

Melody
    Participant

It would be helpful to be able to add photos to forum.

Jacqui

“Ant eggs”? Are you sure? Perhaps they are aphids, Aphis nerii, in which case you will find a very useful article in the Spring issue of BUTTERFLIES.

I’ve actually printed it out and you’ll find it under the green tab (above) SPECIES, then look for PESTS AND PREDATORS

Please let us know if this is what you’re talking about – otherwise, can you please give more details – also your general location.

Jacqui

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.