Announcing launch of our YouTube channel

Tagged: ,

• This topic has 14 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by Jacqui.
  • Creator
    Topic

Jacqui

Hi everyone

With the help of a volunteer, Josefine Stuart, we are finally able to launch our YouTube Channel.

If you Subscribe then you will receive advice whenever we put up a new video. Our plan is to make YouTube videos throughout the year which will help you with your butterflies

(a) When you have subscribed make sure you post below that you have done so and you will go into a lucky draw for a FISKARS® Power-Gear X Pruner

(b) if you post below an idea for a video you’d like us to post, one that would help you and others with your butterflies next season (or thereafter), you will go into a second draw!

So feel free to post below – after you’ve subscribed to our channel, of course.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Jacqui

Hello Quiescent

Nice to have you here. If you look to the right of this post you will see plenty of “hot tags”. These lead you to the discussion about that particular hot tag. So if you click on “pests” you’ll find all the posts from different people about different pests.

https://www.monarch.org.nz/forums/topic-tag/pests/

Then, if you want other ideas, you can replace “pests” with another single word such as “aphids” or “mantis” to see who has posted messages and added that tag. With a tag of two words, put a hyphen (-) in between the two words.

https://www.monarch.org.nz/forums/topic-tag/swan-plants/

Don’t hesitate to ask specific questions in your post to add to the latest discussion, e.g. if you’re asking about preying mantises, you would post here

Mantis

Hopefully Raymond, Wendy and others (who have posted in that thread) will be notified of your post and contribute to the discussion.

Cheers

Jacqui

quiescent
    Participant

Hi, I’ve just subscribed :-). I’d also like some suggestions on best practices on how to look after monarchs and protecting them from pests as well as lowering the incidence of pathogen infections e.g. OE.

Jacqui

Some great suggestions here! THANK YOU… We’re working on them. 🙂

mok.monster
    Participant

Looking forward to watching the vids, particularly the aphids on Swan plant one

tiffputwain
    Participant

Hi, subscribed to you tube channel, love the wasp video! I’m a complete novice/beginner and would love to see and hear about plants that i should have in my garden for the butterflies and moths.
    Thank you!

Steffie
    Participant

Hello, I have subscribed with my account Steffie McDonald.
    I would love videos on OE, of overwintering spots around nz or the monarchs most favorite nectar plants in NZ.
    Cheers,
    Steff.

Fahey
    Participant

I’ve subscribed 🙂 Would also love to see a video about sampling monarchs for OE. Thankyou – Carla

Spanner
    Participant

I just subscribed. Very interested in that wasp video.

How about a video covering getting the Swan Plants to grow bushy rather than straight up.

Thanks for all you do.

Jacqui

Yes, Zac, that’s on the drawing board! We have a few in the pipeline already – Josefine is editing and putting the titles on etc – and thank you we will definitely be using your footage when we get around to it.

LeslieD
    Participant

I subscribed 🙂

Zac
    Participant

Just subscribed, looks great. A good idea would be to have a video/videos introducing our species because people still don’t know about the many endemic species of butterflies we have. If you wanna use some of my videos or photos of my breedings. I’m happy to forward them to you for the channel.

Zac

cosmos
    Participant

YouTube channel looks great, I’ve subscribed

Jacqui

Great idea, Melody!

Melody
    Participant

I subscribed to the YouTube channel. What a great idea. So glad you are doing that. Could we get together and make a video about sampling monarchs for OE? I’d love to share that.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.