wing problem

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  LeslieD 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

LeslieD

so I had a nice big male emerge today BUT one of his main wings (the one with the point) did not inflate properly, otherwise he looks great. so he has three serviceable wings and one dud. I don’t think trimming the one good main wing to the size of the secondary wings is an option (unless someone has done it successfully)?? He would be a transplant candidate I think if I had a spare wing … my only set of spare wings are last seasons and too dessicated. any ideas .. such a shame.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies

LeslieD

team effort 🙂 thanks Caryl

Caryl

Great outcome Leslie. Great I could provide Fiona’s details for you. Thanks Fiona, you’re a master! Caryl

LeslieD

Boris has a new wing and has flown away 🙂 thanks to Fiona.

LeslieD

Fiona coming to get him :). Well I’ve learned something from this .. problem arose because I stupidly had some chrysalids in direct light and on that hot day they got the black patches on them .. and they were dryer than they should be despite daily spritzing. I had to help 2 come out yesterday and one managed to get its act together with its wings but this one not quite. I have another chrysalid I think has died and another one that is already marginalized from falling as it formed, now with dark patches. I’ve got dozens more chrysalids now all over the place and many many cats about to pupate.

LeslieD

thanks Caryl I’ll ring her. I think a lot will depend on having a suitable donor for the job. Happy New Year to you too 🙂

Caryl

Leslie, No that email address is an old one and no longer exists. Found her phone number in the White pages. It is 04 902 2562. She is very experienced in wing surgery! Caryl

Caryl

Hi Leslie, That’s such a shame. I think Fiona, (Kapiti) has done this. Have you researched any of her posts? This may be her email address.
    fcamberun@paradise.net.nz
    Sorry I don’t have her phone number. Happy New Year and good luck with the butterfly. Caryl

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.