Volunteer needed – is this for you?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jacqui 6 years, 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Jacqui
    Keymaster

A volunteer is needed to hold stock of our fundraising items and send MBNZT items out to people when things are sold.
    It would only take 2-3 hours a week at the busiest of times, and all you require is internet access to download and print out pdfs (we will reimburse you for ink and paper), put the right things in the right envelopes and get them to the post office. It could be done 1-2 times a week. You need to be organised, good at simple maths (1+3 = 4), and have common sense. If this could appeal to you or someone you know… please read on:
    Have you ever imagined yourself in charge of a shop? Or maybe when you were young you loved playing “shop”. Well, here’s your big chance. We sell off our website https://www.monarch.org.nz and also trademe (http://trade.me/butterflytrust) about 20 different items.
    These are fundraising items for the Moths and Butterflies of New Zealand Trust (MBNZT). Funds raised go towards research and education projects for the preservation of NZ’s butterflies and moths and habitat.
    There is no cash handling involved. People either order by mail or on line, our treasurer (Carol) generates a receipt and then can email a copy to the shopkeeper (which could be you!) You would need to be able to hold a stock of our various items, several boxes worth, in a dry place, and have a printer to print out the invoices or receipts, wrap the items and put them in the mail.
    We will supply envelopes, paper, ink cartridges and any other materials you may need. All we are asking for is someone’s time to get the items away promptly and in a businesslike manner. For more information please contact Carol on treasurer@monarch.org.nz or Jacqui on 027 481 4811 or jacqui@monarch.org.nz
    We would like to find someone to take over the job as soon as possible. The job would take 1-2 hours a week under normal circumstances but July-August is the busiest time of the year. The job of treasurer is becoming bigger all the time and it’s too much for one volunteer.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Jacqui
    Keymaster

Thanks Caryl, great to have your offer.

The one thing is that with you in Wellington and most of the things are in Auckland, it would mean a lot of extra expense shifting things around the country. So if someone turns up in Auckland then it might be preferable. HOWEVER, there’s another subject which I see the MBNZT needs someone to take charge of – and with your experience in educational resources it would be a perfect fit. I’ll email you.

Jacqui

Jacqui
    Keymaster

Thanks Caryl, great to have your offer.

The one thing is that with you in Wellington and most of the things are in Auckland, it would mean a lot of extra expense shifting things around the country. So if someone turns up in Auckland then it might be preferable. HOWEVER, there’s another subject which I see the MBNZT needs someone to take charge of – and with your experience in educational resources it would be a perfect fit. I’ll email you.

Jacqui

Caryl

I would love to do this. I missed out last time! I used to run my own retail educational business which I sold sometime ago. It would be a priviledge.
    Caryl St Clair

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.