Urtica australis plant for sale, Auckland

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Valentine 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Jacqui
    Keymaster

I have a magnificent U. australis (stinging nettle, Southern Nettle) plant for sale. I already have it in my garden and the admirals are doing well on it. I can’t take another plant, so if there’s anyone else who would like it, it’s only $25, available from Blockhouse Bay. We had it in our glasshouse at the NZ Flower and Garden Show.

If you want to attract admirals into your garden, here’s your plant. It’s a NZ native, with large leaves – leaves similar to hibiscus but not glossy.

I’ll post here when it’s been sold.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Valentine
    Participant

HI I looking for stinging nettle plant and tall zinnias please – Valentine

LeslieD

lol for a minute I thought you meant chew the nettle leaf … then I realized. I forgot about the dock, we probably have some in the backyard courtesy of old hay in the compost. I used inflamol gel I have for the horse that worked well with wasp stings but it failed to completely neutralize the nettle. I have a lot more respect for it now and hope the admirals will appreciate it :).

Jacqui
    Keymaster

Hi Leslie – I wouldn’t post it but it has been sold and someone is going to collect it. Did you rub comfrey, plantain or dock on the sting?

Some people at the show told me to chew the leaf (whichever one you use) and then spit the juice onto the sting, but I haven’t tried that.

Jacqui

LeslieD

I have some totally vicious local stuff in a pot … part of my hand was numb for 2 days after accidentally brushing against it. Whats this type like? how would it be posted?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.