Too many Admiral pillars – Whangarei / Auckland

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  susan 3 years, 2 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

SallyM
    Participant

Hi everyone.

I have a large number of Admiral caterpillars starting to get hungry. I’ve had hundreds this year and they’ve eaten EVERYTHING.

Does anyone in the Whangarei area have spare nettles? I’ll be happy to deliver.

I’ll also be travelling to Auckland (CBD) on Monday (22nd) so could deliver along the way…

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

susan
    Participant

Hi Sally,

I’m in Stanmore Bay, Whangaparaoa, so not far off the main route. It is also possible that as we work around Orewa and Silverdale at times that we could meet up on Monday. We have lots of nettles. Have just released the last of a dozen butterflies that were the result of a passing admiral. Let us know if we can help.

Susan (Hibiscus Coast)

SallyM
    Participant

Thanks Jacqui and Clinton.

Jacqui, normally I would be happy to travel out of my way but this trip I am actually moving to Akl. Car will be loaded and I’ll be needing to find somewhere to sleep for the night at the end of what will already have been a long day!
    What day would you have a car? It is possible my coming down could be postponed a day or two? I’ll see if someone closer puts their hand up in the meantime…

Hi Clinton. I’m sorry, I have no idea which they are.

clinton9
    Participant

Hi Sally,
    Which Red Admiral or Yellow Admiral ???

I appreciate Red Admiral caterpillars.

Jacqui
    Keymaster

Sally, I would be very happy to give them a home. I have lots of nettles here. I’m in Blockhouse Bay, but on Monday won’t have a car. Would it be cheeky to ask if you could deliver here? I could swap with some nectar plants which are quite unusual but great for butterflies…

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Jacqui

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.