Tagging query

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Fiona243 1 year, 10 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Fiona243
    Participant

I have just signed up to become part of the tagging programme but I just wasn’t sure if I should wait until February 2018 to request tags or not? I have several large caterpillars on my plants currently should I order a sheet of tags now to tag them when they hatch?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Fiona243
    Participant

Thanks for the replies guys. I had a couple of months with no caterpillars/butterflies but have caterpillars on my plants again now which will presumably turn in the coming weeks. I just wasn’t sure if they would be classed as the end of this season or not. The information said that you don’t tag the ones emerging in spring/summer and I thought perhaps these are spring caterpillars just jumping the gun slightly like all my bulbs in the garden!

Jacqui
    Keymaster

Hi Fiona – do you still have monarchs emerging? If so, you can tag these ones. They are considered the last of the season. Then we begin tagging again next year with new tags.

Hope that helps!

Jacqui

Caryl

Hello Fiona,
    Go to this link on the site to learn about tagging which begins March 1 each year.

Tagging/Transects

Caryl

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.