save a wilting plant?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  LeslieD 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic

LeslieD

Just when I was starting to feel a bit confident about enough plants .. one of my big outdoor plants has developed the dreaded wilt 🙁 .. was looking great a few days ago … not been under pressure of any sort.

I suspect its a goner but has anyone managed to resurrect a plant with the wilt?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

LeslieD

good thinking … I’ve hedged my bets and trimmed off quite a few cuttings and soaking them. I’ve left a bit of foliage on … there is sap coming through the cuts so I have some hope I might recover plant AND have some clones too.

Jacqui
    Keymaster

Hi Leslie – suggest you prune it back and hopefully it will revive. 🙁

You could put the prunings in a jug of water and if you smash the bottom of the stems, they may pick up in water and you could use them for food.

Just a thought. Hope it works!

Jacqui

LeslieD

We have had several cold fronts over last few weeks … and some big rain dumps .. could be the problem. those plants have been in the firing line , a ponga came down in high winds some months back and fell right on top of them 🙁 . at least it missed falling through the hothouse ! Gosh that’s great success with the eggs. I have quite a few eggs on the plants but its not been warm enough for them to hatch outside, I hope they survive for the warm weather … hopefully soon.

Caryl

Hi Leslie, I’m wondering if your plant has been stressed by all the rain?
    I am in Sydney and return this weekend. I sent 108 eggs to Greymouth about 3 weeks ago with a very high success rate! Thrilled. Caryl

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.