Lots of swan plants

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jacqui 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Jeana
    Participant

Hi there, I have 4 large swan plants and friends of mine have quite a number as well. WE are aware of the wasp problem and was wondering if we could help somehow by getting soem caterpillars on our plants. My plants are indoors so can be protected from wasps.
    Regards, Jeana

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Jacqui
    Keymaster

Water them well, Pipa. The chemicals in the stems of one plant can be at a different level to that in another plant. We suggest that you don’t handle the caterpillars but put new plants alongside the old plant and let them transfer over when they want to.

pipa
    Participant

Thanks, I have just got home from a long drive to get new plants(garden center plants that have clearly been nibbled all over by other caterpillars) Yet mine seem to have not taken a bite…… Do you have any idea why they wouldnt be eating them.

Jacqui
    Keymaster

Check out the Facebook page, MonarchMatchmaker. There are people swapping caterpillars all over the country!

I think Jeana is in the Nelson-Stoke area.

Cheers

Jacqui

pipa
    Participant

Whats your location, I cave very hungry caterpillars in Raetihi in desperate need of food today.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.