Help my cats are dying i don't understand

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jacqui 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Kc_robinson
    Participant

Hello
    I really am hoping y’all can help me out. I love in San Diego Ca and have successfully raised many monarchs this year. However this last two weeks i have lost several. I have sanitized everything used a different plant. Purchased a different plant, bought new keepers etc. I just don’t understand.
    I have lost 2nd instead up to 4th. They are raised in doors and I only bring in babies at 2nd or in star or less.

They seem squishy and some have even been bruised looking. They don’t have diarrhea and I don’t see vomit. They do appear sluggish before passing.

My heart is breaking please My info would be great.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Jacqui
    Keymaster

Hello KC Robinson

Sorry to hear that you’re having problems. Because we’re in NZ and it’s midwinter here there are not many monarchs around.

Now here are some recommendations for you to find out more about what’s happening in your neighbourhood. There are FB groups, one of the largest and most informative would have to be The Beautiful Monarch. And then there’s California Butterfly Lady – Monika lives relatively close to you – same climate/weather anyway – in Fullerton, CA.

Also, check out monarchwatch.org.

Hope you soon get feedback from local people – but feel free to click on the hot tags at the right of this column, especially disease and see if you can find any posts about something similar happening.

Jacqui

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.