Few Monarchs

This topic contains 27 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Charlotte 10 years, 7 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Anonymous

Hi. I have hardly seen any Monarchs in my garden this year (or round about) and so no eggs or caterpillars on my swan plants. How is everyone else doing?

Gillian

Viewing 2 replies - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Replies

swivel
    Participant

Lots of “old” B/fly’s near Dargaville Sept/Oct, very few raggity ones left now, lots of chrysalis to hatch out over next 2-3 weeks and still heaps of cat’s fattening up nicely, a little wasp and shield bug damage, not too bad. Second year plants mostly over 6 feet and floushing, almost unbelievable growth,—-my wife warned me this morning “not to blow the plants out” through too much feeding.I have fertalised them twice six weeks apart, I think they’re fine.Cheers Neil

Charlotte
    Participant

Hi Gillian,

Same up here in Massey Auckland. I have had 2 pillars who have now turned into a chrysalis, a couple of eggs on the plants which haven’t come to anything yet.

I did have quite a few eggs but they seem to have vanished. Check my plants constantly for bugs, eggs etc. I have made up a wasp catcher and hope to deter the little beggers into this.

I just hope its a bit early for Mrs Monarch and she will be arriving soon to lay her eggs.

Charlotte.

Viewing 2 replies - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.