Caterpillars wanted – Auckland North Shore

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 4 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Anonymous

Hi there, I have a massive swan plant but my last 2 caterpillars disappeared… Does anyone have excess caterpillars that they would like to re-home? Happy to come pick up from anywhere within about 20min drive from northcote. Email me on travelmulligan@gmail.com. Sally

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Anonymous

OK I look to have enough now, thanks all and best of luck. Will delete post if I can figure out how 🙂

Jacqui
    Keymaster

Gerry I can help if you can find someone to bring them to Blockhouse Bay, and no-one else nearby has offered. Look around your local primary schools too…

gw0632
    Participant

We have a glut of caterpillars and a growing scarcety of swanplant food. Anyone interested? Collect from Orewa (near motorway). Gerry.

Jacqui
    Keymaster

Wasps or ants. Ants are a major problem.

margaret bongard
    Participant

Hello Sally – I wonder if wasps are taking your caterpillars? If they aare it seems fruitless to restock your plants with new caterpillars if they’re just going to be wasp tucker.

Margaret

Dane Keriboi Hawker
    Participant

Sent you an email, have enough for collection now 🙂

Anonymous

Awesome sounds good, we have just moved to a new house with a 1.5m plant but no caterpillars. Let me know when they look big enough to move and I’ll arrange to come collect 🙂

Dane Keriboi Hawker
    Participant

Hi Sally, I have lots but they are a little small right now. Maybe in a week. I am close in browns bay.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.