CATERPILLARS TO GIVE AWAY – WELLINGTON

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  richturn 3 years, 4 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Narelle
    Participant

I’m anticipating I will run out of food for my tiny caterpillars, so I’m keen to offload about 20 very little ones. I’m in Berhampore for collection. I would consider posting via overnight courier as they are very small at the moment.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies

richturn
    Participant

I have a massive Swan plant which came with us last year after a move from Hamilton to Mosgiel..I seen some Monarchs here last year but as yet seen none this year here.. Just wondering if its something to do with being 280 meters above sea level.. We will be moving to Allanton ( near seas level) , just down the road in a month or so and will dig up the swan plant and take it with us.. So i have heaps of food on this plant. Email me as i dont come here much kiwi.trader@hotmail.com
    Cheers
    Rich – See more at: https://www.monarch.org.nz/forum/topic/mosgieldunedin-area-caterpillars-wanted/#sthash.CZDSnkh8.dpuf

brooke elstone
    Participant

Monarch catapilers? Ifsi very keen!! I get paid tomorrow. Email me: brookie24601@hotmail.com

Caryl

Hi Rob, Has anyone given you any caterpillars? I’m pretty sure I can. I live in Seatoun. I am sending some to Oamaru today so will check how many I have. Hundreds of my plants have been stripped bare. Caryl on 027 8426773 or catlovercaryl@gmail.com – Hope to hear from you.

Caryl

Hi, Thanks for replying. I am in Seatoun, my email catlovercaryl@gmail.com or 027 8426773. I am out in the morning so hope you can contact me in the afternoon, Thanks,
    Caryl

RobQ
    Participant

Hi, we’ve no caterpillars at all yet! Happy to come and collect too if that helps. We have two large swan plants from last year – enough for a dozen or more caterpillars. Ngaio. Please email or call, 021 911190

megan57
    Participant

Hi Narelle,
    Do you still need a home for your caterpillars? I have excess swan plants that I would lie to have more cats on.

Megan 🙂

Caryl

Hi Narelle, I have been doing just what you plan to do – cost is $8.50 being $5 for the NZ Post bubble bag and $3.50 overnight courier. I would suggest you send small ones but not those that are still anchored to the plant with silk. They are too small to handle. Bunnings, Lyall Bay, have excellent strong stemmed plants at $3.38 each. I maybe able to give you a contact name and email for a person to send to. Email me please on catlovercaryl@gmail.com

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.