Buddleia – where do I get plants from?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 15 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Stefan Olson 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Therese
    Participant

Where do I source buddleia plants from – does anyone know of any stockists please?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Stefan Olson
    Participant

For anyone who is interested you can call or text me on 021 410 034

Stefan Olson
    Participant

Hi,

I’m in Torbay and have seven buddleia available in small pots. One is white, there are a couple of the longer flowered purple ones and the rest I’m not sure of. Pick up only.

…Stefan

rob cooper
    Participant

trademe good bought to from chch but small so a bit to grow yet

Jacqui
    Keymaster

Hello Mandy

Buddleia davidii is classed as a nuisance plant in Auckland (and other northern regions) so impossible to get hold of.

http://www.weedbusters.org.nz/weed-information/buddleja-davidii/59/

However, the ones from Canterbury have been sent all over NZ and do well. Send me an email, jacqui@monarch.org.nz if you want contact details.

Jacqui

Kiwilass
    Participant

Does anyone in Auckland have any buddleia I could take cuttings from or maybe seed. Or know where I can buy some from? None at Kings or Palmers. Only ones on trade me are in Canterbury.
    Thanks
    Mandy

Flutterby48
    Participant

Would ‘Buddleia Davidii’ be considered a pest in Christchurch? Might account for me not seeing any. Surely the other varieties must be available somewhere local/Canterbury?

Flutterby48
    Participant

I’very tried to get them in Christchurch before but no luck.

Dane Keriboi Hawker
    Participant

Anyone in the Bay of Islands have any buddleai plants I can get cuttings off? Try to get some from trademe but they are selling like gold

Jacqui
    Keymaster

I have B. salvifolia if you’re interested. Come quick as it needs a prune. Phone me on 027 481 4811. I’min Blockhouse Bay.

Jacqui

Steve
    Participant

Hi Jacqui

I’m in Sandringham, Auckland, do you still have any cuttings available?

Cheers

Steve

Caryl

There are some rooted cuttings on Trade Me.

Therese
    Participant

Hi Jacqui
    I am in Wellington but cannot get this plant anywhere. I am a keen garden and wondered if you could wrap some small cuttings off the woody stem in wet paper, bag with plastic and post to me. Just small bits. I am sure I could get them to grow and I just cannot source this plant. Therese 027 28 77714

Jacqui
    Keymaster

Where are you Dana? There are parts of NZ where B. davidii isn’t a pest plant.

Best to check with your local regional council or territorial authority.

On another note, I have a marvellous Buddleia blooming at present (when little else is, that gives nectar anyway). It’s B. salvifolia and I was enjoying watching the waxeyes taking nectar from it today.

Buddleja salvifolia

And the perfume! YUM!!

If you’re in Auckland, and want cuttings, let me know.

Jacqui

Dana
    Participant

Hi there,

I was wondering about this too, I recently tried to buy one in a nursery but apparently growers are no longer bothering with them. How do we make sure that the ones we purchase from trademe aren’t Buddleia davidii?

Thanks

Jacqui
    Keymaster

You can often find them on TradeMe.

Jacqui

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.