Buddleia Plants or Cuttings

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  spencerdev97 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic

robyn wackrow
    Participant

Hello All Does anyone have buddleia with dark blue or purple flowers that I could purchase cuttings or better still a plant from please? I think one might be called Empire Blue or Navaho Blue or Black Prince?
    I have Lochnich.
    Many thanks
    Robyn

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

spencerdev97
    Participant

Hi Robyn, i have a young Buddleia ‘Nanho Blue’ plant from a surplus of some cuttings i took earlier this year. If you’re interested i would be happy to sell it you, I’m based in Hamilton. Send me an email if you would like to talk to me more about it and we could sort something. spencerdevine@hotmail.com
    Cheers,
    Spencer

Jacqui
    Keymaster

Hello Robyn

It seems that residents of Taranaki are not prohibited from growing Buddleia spp. so I suggest you look on TradeMe.

However, be aware that the buddleia leaf weevil has been released in the area, and it is making short work of any buddleias in most parts of NZ. You can see a picture of it here, although apart from the caption for the picture, the document text doesn’t seem to refer to the plant at all!

https://www.trc.govt.nz/assets/Documents/Plans-policies/PestManagementPlan/BiosecurityStrategyFINAL-web.pdf

Page 54.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.