Ange on Channel 7 talking Admirals

This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Jacqui 8 years, 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Jane
    Participant

Ange Gibbons was on channel 7 this evening talking about raising admirals. It was a really good piece, giving realistic times that it takes per day to provide nettle and clean up frass. Short appearance of Graeme Hill also. Really good item Ange, and such a surprise too.

Channel 7 is really good, but the government are talking about taking 7 off free to air. That would be really disappointing as it seems to be the only channel now with lots of science programs and good quality documentaries.

I don’t know where to find a link to this item though and hope someone else will oblige.

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Jacqui
    Keymaster

Thanks Char – hope I’m home in time to watch it.

Charlotte
    Participant

According to TVNZ7 listing schedules Animal Academy is being repeated again Friday 17th June at 6.05 – 6.30pm and Angie Gibbons is on talking about Admiral butterflies.
    http://tvnz.co.nz/tv-guide?day=17&month=06#
    If you hold your mouse over the wording Animal Academy it tells you all about what is going to be showing.
    So I shall try to be watching this time;-)

Cheers
    Char

Anna
    Participant

Cor…I’d love to see it too! Anyone managed to find a link??

Charlotte
    Participant

Argghhhhhhhh I couldn’t tape it form the dvd recorder either.
    As it was not on this afternoon at 4pm;-(

Charlotte
    Participant

I have made myself a HUGE note and stuck it on the tv. LOL
    So when I come in after work I can flick to channel 7 on freeview and tape the show if it is on. I hope so;-)
    As we have my sky and I cant tape it from there.

Char

Darren
    Participant

I’ve never bothered getting a digital TV service, since I thought I don’t watch enough TV to justify it. But the analogue free-to-air channels are getting worse and worse.

Since the Govt is ending analogue broadcasts over the next couple of years I’ve been looking into getting a freeview satellite decoder, and channel 7 and prime look like good reasons for doing that sooner rather than later.

Terry

You lucky people! It won’t let me watch because I am outside NZ, It’s a pity no one has posted the Butterfly section on youtube yet, who cares about copywrongs!

Anonymous

Yes, it was on the repeat screening this afternoon.
    I guess all the screenings this week will be the same show.
    A very nice piece with Ange:)

Anonymous

Maybe the screening at 4.05pm today on TVNZ7 will be a repeat of last night’s show?

Darren
    Participant

The link for Animal Academy is
    http://tvnz.co.nz/search/ta_ent_search_tv_skin.xhtml?requiredfields=type:media.format:full+episode&partialfields=programme:animal-academy&q=animal+academy+video&tab=tvmedia&start=0&sort=date:D:S:d1&view=all

As Char has pointed out, there is a delay loading them on to the website and they are only up to Series 4, Episode 7 which is dated 7:30PM Sunday April 17, 2011.

I guess we should check back in a month.

Hypothetically speaking, there is nothing to stop someone with sufficient technical nous capturing the stream, editing the relevant bit, and then making that available. TVNZ might frown on that if they found out, but if our overseas friends found a link to such a clip turning up unexpectedly in their email TVNZ wouldn’t even know about it. Hypothetically speaking, that is.

Bernie

I went to the link but couldn’t locate the actual programme so I just tried any one and as I am outside NZ,I was denied access.

Charlotte
    Participant

http://tvnz.co.nz/tv-guide?day=12&month=06#
    Hopefully the link above will take you to all the TVNZ channels.

Char

Charlotte
    Participant

I think its called Animal Academy on at 7pm.
    I’ve tried looking and could only find episodes up until April 17th.
    You might have better luck Jacqui.

Cheers
    Char

Jacqui
    Keymaster

I tried searching on butterfly, butterflies and Admiral to no avail. To use the “On Demand” service we need to know the name of the programme.

TVNZ7 usually have repeats of what’s on TVNZ1. I’ll keep looking… Hopefully when we find it it won’t be one of these ones that only let you see the item if you’re in NZ.

Terry

I was just going to ask that very question Jacqui and then you posted it just before I had time to write my post.
    I see TVNZ 7 has an on demand service, I wonder if folks outside NZ can see it if you find the article in question?

Jacqui
    Keymaster

Blow – would love to have seen this. 🙁 Hope we can find it filed somewhere.

Jacqui

Terry

Hi Jane

It’s the same in the UK, anything remotely intelligent you have to pay for, the free to air channels filled with dumb down trash, that only people with one brain cell to share amongst 100 could enjoy. and we wonder why society is falling apart!

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.