A lot later to release Monarchs.

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jacqui 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

GaynorTait
    Participant

I have just tagged my first Monarch butterfly for March. I feel it is getting too late in month, and could be getting too cool for all my Chrysalis to emerge. Still getting caterpillars…. Have a lot to emerge still.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Jacqui
    Keymaster

Finally got my first ones tagged today!!! Thanks to some caterpillars I collected as I drove from Dunedin to Auckland in a few weeks ago. AND I am delighted to see eggs all over my swan plants in the garden now too. Woohoo!!! We’ll be back in business soon.

Beautiful day today.

GaynorTait
    Participant

I am in Gisborne Caryl, where our weather is still very warm, but I will keep a watch on weather and do as Rob suggests and bring what I can indoors. Will watch for diseased ones too. Thank you for your in put.

rob cooper
    Participant

can you bring them inside and hang from the ceiling thats what we do if you can bring them inside safley

Caryl

I am in Wellington and from now on I expect more diseased chrysalides. It happens every year as the weather cools.Caryl

GaynorTait
    Participant

Thanks Rob. We have so many caterpillars , and chrysalis hanging, and caterpillars from tiny babies to large ones , we will just have to cover them, if looks like frost later on in a months or so.

rob cooper
    Participant

you should be fine we let some go in june last year so if no frosts they will take longer to emerge in cooler weather good luck

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.